Friday, July 24, 2015

Piece of Cake?

The other day, I was going through some of Twinkie Chan's free crochet patterns when I came across a pattern for her tissue box cozies.


This one just caught my eye!  I think it is be a use it reminds me of the birthday cakes I got growing up. I love yellow cake with chocolate frosting and the sprinkles make it all the more festive!

So, I decided to try to make one for myself. 


I was lazy with the frosting and it took me a few days to get it done. I would do a row here and there while watching TV or waiting to reach my destination in World of Warcraft  (Yes, I play WoW and have for about seven years!). 

I finally got the frosting done the other day and started in the cake part. I don't know what the heck was going on but it took me at leat four tries to get it to look right. I followed ed the instructions and everything. 


Turns out I was crocheting too tightly! >,<. But I also needed to add a few more rows to get the right hight. 

But finally it's nearly done! I just need to buy me some pompom sprinkles to glue on and it'll be finishes!!

No comments: