Sunday, January 18, 2015

Parseltongue Take Two

Its no secret that when I find a designer that I like, I become obsessed with their patterns. Tiny Owl Knits for instance. Ever since I saw her first video for the Bee Keeper's Quilt, I was hooked! Miss Stephanie has such a wonderful personality that if you dislike her, you probably hate puppies and kitties too. She is all about fairies and gnomes and all things magical and mythical! She is also just so stinkin' adorable!

The first thing I made started was The Bee Keeper's Quilt. Those little hexipuffs can be addicting to make! And you feel so accomplished when you finish like three of them in a night!


About a week ago, I started one of her hat designs called The Parseltongue Hat. A head warmer with so many snakey twists and a lot of Harry Potter love in every stitch! (Did I mention that I adore Harry Potter?! Because I do!


Everything started out peachy keen... Sorta. I'm not all that great with knitting with DPNs. It's just so fiddle-y when you have only ten stitches to start out with.  But I preserved and after about a bazillion tries, I finally got into the rhythm of it!

After I was finished with the crown increases, I was able to transfer over to a 16" circular. Then the cables came.

Things were going great until I realized that I counted some wrong on a round. No big deal, I just started to knit backwards. Then, it happened....


My needle slipped out from the stitches! Oh how I tried to save it but it was too late! Too many stitches were lost and I wasn't able to unravel to a good point to pick up from!  There was only one thing I could do. Restart completely.


So here I am. At the beginning again! I just hope that this time around will go more smoothly than the last!

No comments: